2021 represents the 10th Anniversary of both the UK National Composites Centre and the EPSRC Future Composites Manufacturing Research Hub (CIMComp), making this an excellent opportunity to reflect on the development of automation in Composites manufacture. Whilst there have been many notable successes, manual layup remains key for the majority of small or geometrically complex structures and we need to address why this is the case.
Themes and Topics
The theme for the symposium will be on looking forward to the next decade in Composites automation. Papers on all aspects of Composites manufacture and automation are welcome. Papers focusing on current challenges are particularly welcome;
- Automating manufacture of complex structures
- The potential for VR and digital technologies
- Workforce education and training
Making a Submission
Abstracts are invited from both industry and academia on any topics falling within the scope of the symposium. The abstract should be submitted using the online submission system and should include the following information.
- Title of proposed presentation
- List of Authors and affiliations, including the lead author and proposed presenter
- Match to conference topics
- Include up to 5 key words
- Prospective authors are invited to submit an abstract of 250 – 300 words (< 3,000 characters) in English.
- An option to include one or two figures with captions as a single supplemental file upload.
Abstracts will be reviewed by members of the Local Organising Committee and the International Scientific Committee and decisions communicated to the author according the table of important dates above.
We are using the Microsoft CMT (Conference Management Toolkit) to process the submissions. Read our CMT Help Section below if you are having any issues or are unfamiliar with using CMT.
Extended Abstracts and Presentations
Successful authors will be asked to provide a two page extended abstract for inclusion in the proceedings. Hard copies of the proceedings will be available to delegates attending the symposium and all the presentations will be published on the ACM5 website after the symposium.
Full papers will not be required for the Symposium but may be submitted to the Elsevier Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing journal, to be reviewed in the normal way.
Thematically Linked Papers
Individuals and organisations wishing to propose a number of thematically linked papers should contact the ACM5 conference organisers.
The conference proceedings will include a printed book of abstracts, an electronic publication of the extended abstracts, and the conference presentations (optional) via the conference website.
Registration Requirements for Authors
For each accepted abstract, at least one co-author must register by the ‘Extended Abstract Deadline’ to secure the presentation in the symposium. For a person that appears as co-author of several papers, that person can make the multiple presentations, as long as each corresponding paper is registered and paid for. In the case where that person is a student, the student registration applies only to one paper, and the other paper(s) needs to be registered as a regular registration. See Registration for details of the fees, early bird deadlines, how to request a visa invitation letter, and to register.
How to Use CMT
- Some users have experienced problems creating accounts or logging in with the EDGE browser. If you experience any issues please try an alternative browser, e.g. Chrome.
- For help with account creation please visit: CMT Account Creation
- For help with author submissions please visit: CMT Author Submissions
For any other issues please Contact Us.